Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation

Pakistani Beauty Bloggers' Community

Thursday, September 29, 2011

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Click to enlarge



Contains:

Apricot (duh, lol):
  • Apricots are known to contain one of the highest levels of carotenoids (think vitamin A) and super-effective antioxidants. All of this natural power might seem, well, too powerful, but they are actually quite gentle and nourishing and they help make fresher, more nourished skin beautifully possible.


Walnut Shell Powder:
  • Walnut is known for its hard shell but when it’s ground; it becomes an amazingly effective, all-natural exfoliant ingredient in our scrubs. Not only are walnuts plentiful on the planet, they also help newer, healthier skin come to the surface.

Corn Kernel Meal:
  • Corn Kernel Meal is actually flour ground from dried corn. It’s a soft, but gently powerful all-natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover and regeneration. Cornmeal makes softer-feeling, fresher skin possible.

Claims:
Only St. Ives captures the secrets of naturally beautiful and healthy looking skin in this deep cleansing formula that gently exfoliates, removing dull skin cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin.
Contains more than 90% naturally derived ingredients, including Swiss glacial water and Swiss botanicles.
All St. Ives formulas are dermatologist tested in Switzerland.
Promotes healthier looking, glowing skin in just 7 days.

Product is:
  • Oil-free
  • Non-irritating
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • 100% natural exfoliants
  • 100% natural extracts
  • Formulated without parabens and phthalates
  • Made without animal ingredients
  • Not tested on animals

* Avoid eye area. If product gets into eyes; rinse thoroughly. (That's because it contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is harmful to eyes. Also to the skin, read here >> But then again, we (as in everyone) have been using SLS included products since we were kids so...)

* St. Ives scrubs can also be used on the body.

My opinion:

Let's start at the beginning when I first bought it. Let me tell you this was my very first scrub. I just started using them not long ago. I researched the products and found St. Ives to be the best so I went ahead and got myself some apricot goodness for my face. When I first used it; I might have scrubbed a little too hard because the next day, I had bumps on my cheeks. I freaked out and blamed this on this scrub. I thought it was too harsh. Then I read that it could happen the first time. Because all the dirt and oil that may have been hidden deep down where the regular cleansers don't reach; might have come to the surface. Which was good cause that way, it could get out and be cleansed away. But I was still paranoid about it. So, for a long while it just laid on the shelf while I tried some other scrub I bought which was fine and I didn't have any problem with. But then again, I had started to scrub lightly after that first time (which means I was subconsciously aware that it was partly my fault, I might have scrubbed hard). The other scrub was too messy for my lazy self. So, at last, I decided to give St. Ives another try. So glad I did. Cause this time, it didn't cause any problems. In fact, gave me a super smooth and fresh look. Since then, I'm hooked.


Pros:
  • Easy, convenient flip-top tube packaging.
  • Budget-friendly
  • Moisturizing. Makes skin soft and smooth.
  • Cleanses & exfoliates well, reveals a healthier skin.
  • I'd say it's almost unscented. I mean, the scent in totally unnoticeable if you don't sniff the tube or the product =D (And even if you do; you won't regret it cause it's just a hint of very light, sweet smell. Peachy.)
  • I'd say does what it claims.



Cons:
  • Though the granules are so tiny, beware of scrubbing too hard nonetheless.

Do I recommend it?

Yes, of course. If you want a glowing, smooth and soft skin.


3 comments:

SAHAR said...

thanx for the review hey can you increase your font size so i can read it more easily next time

SM said...

Yes I love this product! It not only left my skin all smoothy smooth, it also minimised the look of blemishes I had (but only with regular use, they are still there :/)

PiNkIsH said...

@Sahar: I thought people didn't like big fonts so I stayed away from them but if it's difficult to read then sure, I'll make changes :)

Thanks for the comments, Sahar & Steph :)

Post a Comment