Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation

Pakistani Beauty Bloggers' Community

Friday, August 5, 2011

Garnier Skin Naturals Light - Moisturizing Cream

Garnier Skin Naturals Light - Whiten and Protect Moisturizing Cream SPF 15




So, I decided to try this product out since I read a review about it on Sara Hassan's Blog. The anti-dark spots and dullness parts really pulled me in and I bought it.


First, let me tell you that I have oily and acne-prone skin and I stay as far away from such creams as possible unless there's a big, bold 'non-comedogenic' (non pore clogging) sign on it somewhere. This doesn't say it was non-comedogenic but it does have Salicylic Acid which fights and treats acne. So, I was really excited.

By the way, I got it from Naheed Super Market for Rs. 325.



Contains:

Pure Lemon Essence
  • Lemon is a skin brightener, anti-infective and it helps keep oil at bay. It is rich in fruit acids that will exfoliate to gently remove dead skin cells and will also bleach darkened or discolored areas. 

Herbal Extract 
  • Natural extract associated to Vitamin C to help reduce main cause of skin dullness, responsible for dark spot formation.


SPF 15:
  • UVA/UVB filters to prevent skin from darkening. 


Claims:






With time and external aggressions such as UV exposure; your skin becomes dull, uneven. Spots appear and skin loses its original radiance. Thanks to its formula enriched with natural active ingredients, Garnier Light Whiten & Protect Moisturizing Cream SPF 15 helps you recover fairer and more even skin.

It's proven. In just 28 days, spots are less apparent and skin tone is evenly fairer. Skin's natural glow is revealed. 

  • Do NOT apply on the delicate eye contour area or irritated skin.
Effectiveness:

Immediately:   
  • Complexion is visibly brighter    80%

After 28 days: 
  • Brown spots are less apparent  76%
  • Anti dullness efficacy                90%



How to use it?

- Apply daily on pe
rfectly cleansed skin. It is an excellent base for make up.
- Gently massage into the skin, moving f
rom the center of your face outwards and from the base of your neck to top.


My experience with it:


When I first applied it; I didn't know what amount to take out so I used to apply liberal amount of the product and massage it in. It used to create a white cast and what freaked me out was that when rubbed; the cream flaked out like the dust of a pencil eraser. Then I tried a different approach and took just a little amount of it and massaged it for a bit then patted it on. It was a little better but it still showed a hint of a white cast and you could tell what areas the cream was applied to. (Since I avoided the eye area). What more? It still kind of flaked out a bit but I ignored it for the time being. I first used it on and off for a while which didn't make a difference. Then I decided to use it regularly and see if it did what it claimed.

First let me tell you the pros:

  1. I love the packaging. The tub/little jar is so cute.
  2. The smell is really nice. Some find fragrances in moisturizer/creams off-putting. But it's not too bad, it's not that strong. It's really refreshing.
  3.  It absorbs quickly. (But... read the 4th con :D )


And the cons:

  1. It's really sticky. Check your hands, try and clap them together after applying it. Seriously, it's very sticky.
  2. Applying lemon and going out in the sun is a big 'no' so I was reluctant to apply it in the day even if it had spf. So I only used it at night.
  3. The oil control factor? Not really. Definitely not when you have it on. when I have it on; it makes my face even oilier than before and makes it look duller. I couldn't wait to wash it off every morning.
  4. It flakes when you rub it.

I used it regularly for a week and saw a difference. It brightened up my face, maybe even lightened a bit. It looked fresh (note: After washing it off. Not when I had the cream on). And the best part was; I noticed that my face was less oilier even after a few hours of washing.
So, I was really excited and I decided to continue using it for another week and lo and behold! There they were: Breakouts!! I got one around my nose and it was a painful one which left a mark. Also on my forehead.
It clogged my pores and caused breakouts even with Salicylic Acid in it? I immediately stopped using it.
But what do I find then? After 2-3 days of stopping it; my face became oily and dull again. Maybe because I hadn't completed their '28-days' challenge but I just couldn't after those pimples!!

Conclusion:


Oily and acne-prone skins, either stay away from this cream or use it with intervals. From me, it gets a big thumbs down just because of the pimples.

(But I'm on the fence about whether I should give it another shot... I'll let you know if I do and if I do; I'll do it in intervals like I said. Not regularly.) 



 Thank you for reading.

1 comments:

..... said...

in your opinion,which one is the best,,ponds or garnier??i really need your help..thank you

Post a Comment